Fishing guides can be expensive but there are several reasons you should hire a fishing guide. You can go out with a fishing guide by yourself but most allow two people so you can split the cost. In most cases it is well worth it.
1. Catch More Fish
If you hire a fishing guide you are likely to catch more fish than if you go on your own. Fishing guides are on the water almost every day and keep up with what the fish are doing. They can put you in the right place at the right time.
2. Learn The Water Since a fishing guide knows the waters they fish so well you can learn a lot from a trip with a fishing guide. They can show you how to run the lake, where to find access to the stream and where you can fish safely.
3. Try New Equipment Fishing guides keep their equipment in top shape and usually have top-of-the-line equipment. You will have the chance to try a variety of rods, reels and line and find out what you like before buying your own.
4. Learn How To Catch Fish A fishing guide can show you ways to catch fish. This can help you on waters you have not fished but it can help you on waters you fish often. You can learn new spots to fish and new ways to fish.
5. Get Help For A Tournament A fishing guide can put you on places where you can catch big fish for a tournament, help you with the best baits to use during your tournament and show you specific ways to fish to place in the tournament.
6. Going With A Fishing Guide Is Relatively Cheap You may pay a fishing guide $100 to $400 for a day of fishing, but consider what you get. The boat you fish from probalby cost more than $30,000. Some of the rods and reels you use cost more than the trip. Gas for the boat is an expense. There are many others. Buy going with a guide you avoid all those expenses.
7. It Is Fun A fishing guide not only helps you catch fish, most are good entertainers and will keep you laughing all day. They know lots of good jokes and have many tales to tell you. You will not get bored!
8. It Is Easy A fishing guide will do all the work and you can relax and fish. You can have the guide do everything from tying your knots and taking your fish off the hook to running the boat. They will take photos of you and your catch as well as cleaning your fish if you keep some.
The Following Bay of Quinte Guides will be more then happy to answer any questions and hopefully make a new client.